about     shop     contact         

Monday, January 25, 2016

What to Wear to Work | Masculine Style

PINSTRIPE_8

I'll forewarn everyone, these photos were taken before the snow blizzard hit the East Coast. As you can imagine, working 9-5 doesn't give me a lot of time to take blog photos on a daily basis. To make the most of my time and daylight (especially in the winter), I take 2-3 photo sessions on the weekend. This week I'll be sharing outfits that were taken a few weeks ago. For those ladies in colder areas, hopefully these looks can be inspiration for warmer days! 

This is one of my favorite "work looks" to date. I love the masculine style, mixed with feminine pieces like the petite bow blouse and dainty jewelry. Being creative with work outfits is key to making my workday go by faster. As we all know, it's easy to grab an all black outfit and head out the door. The way I look at it, I spend most of my time at work and I feel better throughout the workday when I love my outfit.

With that being said, today I'm sharing a few of my favorite trends of the season to spice up your work wardrobe. 

 One of my favorite trends of the season are neck scarves/bows. This is a trend that can easily be translated into the corporate world. Here are a few of my favorite pieces: 




PINSTRIPE_4

Another trend that is filling up my closet are culottes. Last week, I wore these from J.Crew. If you want to dabble in the trend, try out these from Zara, they're a low investment and go with almost any blouse. With that, here are some of my other favorite culottes:


If you're looking for more inspiration on how to wear culottes, check out this article here and here.

PINSTRIPE_3
PINSTRIPE_6
PINSTRIPE_2PINSTRIPE_5
PINSTRIPE_1
PINSTRIPE_7

Wishing everyone a great week at work! This is the last week of our fiscal year, wish me luck! After this week, I'm packing up my bags and heading to Kansas City to visit family and then San Francisco to treat my dad to the Superbowl!

Blazer - Citizen's Mark  (similar save & splurge)
Top - Zara (similar here & here)
Culottes - Zara sold out (similar style in a jumpsuit)
Heels - Manolo Blahnik (similar save)
Sunglasses - Anthropologie
Bag - Fendi (love the Fendi Dot Com Bag)



Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia