about     shop     contact         

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What to Wear to Work | Peplum Dress

what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger

Hope everyone enjoyed yesterday's post with Who What Wear (ps. the flowers were used to brighten up the look for spring). Not living near a Target, I missed the original release of the collection, so I was thrilled to get my hands on a few newly released pieces. One of my favorite pieces in the collection is the floral pencil skirt. Admittedly, when I first saw the skirt it wasn't my top choice. It wasn't until I tried it on that I realized how well it fit my body. The skirt might be a little too colorful for a traditional corporate office, but I love the idea of wearing it with an off the shoulder top and statements earrings. As soon as it warms up in New York, I'll be sharing the look. 

what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger
what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger
what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger

Today I'm sharing a classic office outfit. This cotton/linen peplum dress is lightweight and a little different than your standard work dress. I paired it with a black blazer. I'm keeping today's outfit simple. Four pieces; dress, blazer, heels and bag. For the days you have nothing to wear, here's an easy outfit that will get you through the workday to afterwork drinks with friends. 

what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger
what to wear to work blazer j.crew banana republic dress peplum fendi black bag what to wear to work workwear office style corporate catwalk simple outfits to wear to work steve madden primpy heels nude heels new york fashion blogger

Speaking of after work activities, for those days you have a happy hour or a work dinner, wear  chunkier heels, like the one I'm wearing today. The heel gives you more stability throughout the day and for the city girls, if you're meeting your friends at a local pub, there's no need to change into flats. These heels are easier to walk down the street in than skinny stilettos. 

When I love a heel, I buy them in several colors. Like my DVF Bethany heels. I have them in black, nude, white, red and leopard. The Steve Madden Primpy heel is my new favorite. I got them in blackcamel and rust. They fit true to size. They're a little stiff when you first put them on, but I'd recommend wearing them around your house for a few hours before debuting them at the office. 






Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia